Never Perfect. Always Genuine.
I talk a lot about Authenticity and here’s why:
- For years, I let myself get trampled by others who wanted me to act less like myself. Do things differently. Not be as positive. Not be as friendly. Not be as collaborative.
- That simply just wasn’t me and after FAR TOO LONG – I decided to officially embark on my best journey yet – Caffeine with Kelly!
- Authenticity is scary. No one wants to admit who they are and why they do things. They enjoy being the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain instead of Dorothy beings open about her journey.
- Authentic relationships and the best kind! In my age, I’ve had many fake friends or friends who only wanted to talk about themselves or even those who tried buying my friendship. Now that I’m older and own my own company, there’s no way I’d want to have any other relationship besides the ones that are authentic and honest and real.
- How you show up to your followers/friends online, can make all the difference. Most of social media nowadays is strictly a highlight reel of people’s lives. I want to change that. I want people to know that I’m a coffee obsessed, faithful human who loves all things Marketing and Gilmore Girls.
- Authenticity breeds trust. People buy from people and your people will find you. I truly believe that if you can show up every day as your authentic self, not only will you feel better, but your audience will know it’s really you and you can garner real life connections and engagement.
I hope this list serves you. I’m always here if you want to chat over a cup of coffee about how authenticity in your marketing is so important and the steps you can put in place to get you to live a more authentic life.
Trust me, when you’re living in your truth – you’ll feel it in your gut!