I Like Hashtags Because They Look Like Waffles!
Do you ever feel like you can’t keep up with Hashtags and trends on social media?
Some days it really can feel overwhelming! #totally
Don’t stress: I’m here, as your favorite caffeinated marketer, to help!
As a marketer, I get really excited when things change. I love learning new things – staying on top of what’s new and trending and doing my best to help others learn from my knowledge.
To use hashtags effectively, you need to understand exactly how they work, and put some thought into a strategy. Hashtags are clickable and searchable – so that your content can hopefully be more findable!
I create strategies custom for my clients, but I hope these tips help you create your own!
Hashtag To Dos:
- Use them in the caption of the post on Instagram
- Think of what your ideal client will be searching
- Use them similar to keywords on a website
- On Instagram you can have up to 30 hashtags. Think of it, the more hashtags used, more searchable you are!
- Use some location-based hashtags (i.e. #NewYorkCity) if you’re looking to have customers/clients within your area.
Hashtag do NOTs:
- Do not use hashtags with over 1 million posts
- Do not use generic hashtags – you are unique, make sure your content stands out, too!
- Do not use branded hashtags unless it’s connected to something where you would want to track it.
- Do not use more than 5 on Facebook posts
- Do not put them in the comments on Instagram
Hashtags can be tricky.
Bottom line, use them. They can never hurt your posts – they can only help!