“The Measure Of Intelligence Is The Ability To Change”
~ Albert Einstein
The past few months have seen CRAZY changes in Instagram. Especially for creators and how they engage, create, and publish content.
As a marketer, I get really excited when things change. I love learning new things – staying on top of what’s new and trending and doing my best to help others learn from my knowledge.
Below are some updates within the last couple months on Instagram:
Creator Accounts for Businesses
- If you’re a product-based business a Business account is recommended.
- There are more detailed insights
- You have access to add additional Call-to-Action buttons to your profile so customers can reach out in different ways.
- There are integrations with third-party tools so that you can schedule out your content long-term to publish to your feed.
- Ability to promote Instagram posts as advertisements
- Instagram Shoppable – this is exciting – you can sync your story with Instagram
- If you’re a service-based business and you don’t sell any actual products – a Creator account is recommended.
- You will have fun trending music to pull from easily when making Stories and Reels.
- Detailed insights into your audience demographics – just not as many as a Business account
- Few options for Call-to-Action buttons – less than a Business account
- Gain the daily number of follows and unfollows, so that you can see which content performs best
- Access to Instagram’s “Creator Studio”
- Direct Message (DM) inbox sorting into Primary, General, and Requests boxes
- Value-based video content
- Always make sure that you are providing value. One day it might be a video, the next could be a carousel, the next could be a photo post or a reel. Especially in today’s day – people want to learn from you! So shine your light and share all the value you can!
- Instagram (Reels, IG Lives, IGTV) so they can keep up with the growing demand for TikTok and Youtube
- At the end of the day, provide value to your audience. If you are still gaining lots of engagement with static images and carousels – keep if up! Create the content that your audience is craving. Not everyone needs to dance in front of a camera for their audience to gain information from them. Dancing is a fun way to spice up your content, though!
- Instagram announced by the end of 2022, they will be investing in over $1 billion in initiatives that give creators new ways to earn money for the content they create on Facebook and Instagram. They want to reward creators especially those who are just starting out, for creating content their communities love. THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE!!!
- How can you earn the Bonuses?: By creating Reels that your audience loves and is craving! So get your thinking caps on, trending music ready, high value content pillars engaged and get to making reels! (I’m here to support in any way I can.)
- Shops – for Creators
- Instagram also announced the new shopping features for select creators! Today, select creators are now available to tag products from the brands they work with to help consumers shop right from there.
- What about my own merchandise?: Instagram is working on making it easer for you to get recognized and having shopping capabilities as well!
- Affiliate Programs – for Creators
- Instagram is on a roll to try and make sure creators get so much love and support when they are using their platform!
- They launched a native affiliate program that will make it possible for creators to get fairly compensated for seamlessly sharing product recommendations, as well as make it easier for people to find products they love.
- How does it work?: When creating a Feed or Story post, creators will have the ability to not only tag the exact products they are featuring in their content, but earn commission on any sales they drive from that content.
I hope these tips served you! If they did, please let me know! If you have any questions on how these new features can help you and your business – just reach out! I’m here to serve!